What is a Book Club Collection?
A Book Club Collection is a group of books for use in an educational or book club setting for an extended loan period. MPHPL offers three collections separated by reading and audience level: Grades 3-6, Grades 6-12 and Adult.
- Book Club Collections may be borrowed for a 6 (six) week loan period. There is no renewal option. Multiple copies of up to two titles may be borrowed at a time.
- Requests need to include the responsible adult's name, library card number, book title(s) and quantity needed. An adult MPHPL or reciprocal borrowing card is required.
- Requests may be submitted in person, by mail, by telephone, fax, or e-mail. Request forms are available at all library locations and on the library website.
- Requests need to be made a minimum of one week before pick up. Please note which of our three locations is most convenient for pick up. Copies of the requested title(s) will be sent to the requested location.
- Requested collections need to be picked up on the requested date. Collections not picked up within 7 (seven) working days after the requested date will be returned to the shelf and the patron will need to complete another request form.
- Youth Services coordinates the Grades 3-6 and Grades 6-12 requests.
- Adult Services coordinates the Adult requests.
- The adult card holder is responsible for books in the collection including any fines levied on late materials and all replacement costs for lost or damaged materials.