Donations of materials that meet our guidelines (see below) are accepted at all MPHPL locations. MPHPL will provide a receipt for your records indicating the number of items donated to us. We are unable to provide any further written acknowledgement for donations, nor do we appraise the value of materials.
We Accept Donations of Materials…
- Donated without restrictions as to disposition or use
- Published within the last two (2) years
- Exception: Children’s picture books regardless of publication year as long as condition requirements are met – see next bullet point.
- In good condition
- No grease, dirt, food, etc.
- No water, dust, mold, or odor
- No pen, pencil, marker, crayon, or highlighting
- No damage (broken spines, loose or town pages, torn covers)
Items Not Accepted (Regardless of Condition)
- Vinyl record albums, music cassettes or VHS tapes
- Encyclopedias or textbooks
- Reader’s Digest condensed books
- Home recorded audiotapes, videotapes, DVDs or CDs
- Video Games
Here are just some of the initiatives that your gift will support:
- Literacy Programs
- Events for the Entire Family
- Senior Outreach Activities
For cash donations, visit any of our locations.
For Paypal, debit or credit card donations, click the button below.
We appreciate your confidence in our commitment
to enrich the lives of those around us!