Circulation Services at
Mishawaka-Penn-Harris Public Library
To obtain your library card you must:
- Live in Penn or Harris Township.
- Provide a photo I.D. and additional proof of current address (utility bill, phone bill, etc.)
- A parent/legal guardian's signature is required for any minor under the age of 18 wishing to register for or renew a library card.
*Non-residents may purchase a fee card. Costs for a fee card are $70 for individuals, $51 for seniors, and $100 for families.
- Materials are loaned for 21 days with the exception of the following:
- Periodicals: 7 days
- Video Cassettes and DVDs: 4 days
- Nonfiction videos, DVDs, TV series, and Playaway View: 7 days
- Audiovisual equipment: 1 day
- Patrons are limited to 6 items on the same topic or by the same author
Fines and Fees:
- Video and DVD Rental: 75¢ per title
- Overdue Fines:
- Printed Materials: 15¢ per day
- Compact Discs: 15¢ per day
- Audio Cassettes: 15¢ per day
- Videos, DVDs, CD-ROMs, Playaway View: $1.00 per item overnight (including weekends and holidays)
- AV Equipment: $1.00 per HOUR/$2.00 overnight (including weekends and holidays)
- Collection Agency Charge: $15.00
- Lost or Damaged Materials: Library cost of item or damage.
- Failure to pick up Inter-library loan item: $1.00.
- Original Library Card: Free to Penn and Harris Township Residents
- Public Library Access Card (PLAC): $50.00 -- This card allows you to borrow materials from any public library in Indiana, and is available only to Hoosiers who hold a card in their home library. This card must be renewed annually.
- Fee Card: $70 individual/$51senior/$100 family -- This card is for Indiana residents whose townships do not support library service (such as Madison Township & Baugo Township) or those persons who reside in a neighboring state such as Michigan. This card must be renewed annually.
- If you reside in an Indiana township that does not support a library, you may purchase a fee card from MPHPL and a PLAC to be able to use any library in Indiana!
Where to Return Materials:
- Downtown Mishawaka Library: The Downtown Mishawaka Library at 209 Lincoln Way East has a bookdrop in the parking lot and by the main entrance. Media materials such as videos, DVDs, books on cassette, books on CD, and CDs may be returned in the Audio-Visual Materials drop boxes located next to the bookdrops in the parking lot and by the main entrance.
- Bittersweet Branch Library: The Bittersweet Branch at 602 Bittersweet Road has an outside bookdrop to the left of the main entrance. Media materials such as videos, DVDs, books on cassette, books on CD, and CDs may be returned in the Audio-Visual Materials drop slot located to the left of the main entrance.
- Harris Branch Library: The Harris Branch at 51446 Elm Road, Granger has one book drop box and one Audio-Visual Materials drop box located on the east side of the library.
Renewals may be made one time only on all materials if they are not on reserve for another patron. Ask a librarian for instructions on renewing your own materials at a public access terminal located in the library. All materials with the exception of videos and DVDs may be renewed online. Renew Online Here
Back to Adult Library Services